To rent a car is no doubt a fair option for a safe and hassle-free journey. Today more and more people opt for this comfortable way of traveling when they need a car for a family vacation or a business trip. Though it is easy to book car rentals through their websites, as the number of people utilizing car hires has increased, the chances of making mistakes are also increased. So, one must verify certain things before signing the car rental contract. These are as follows:-
1) Documents: Before signing the car rental contract, you must ask the company personnel to present all the documents related to the vehicle you are going to hire. The car registration papers in the name of car agency are a must. Besides, insurance papers and car hire agreement are needed in case any accident happens. There should also be a municipal tax receipt and pollution control certificate in case you are stopped by the traffic police. Carefully scrutinize all these papers to avoid further problems.
2) Radio/GPS: A Global Positioning System helps you to guide the routes and directions while traveling. This is very helpful in case you are driving to some unknown place. In case of emergency, a radio always helps to connect with the car rental-sand emergency services. So both these facilities should be checked for proper operation.
3) Spare Tires: Don't forget to verify all the tires to ensure a safe journey. Even take a glance at the spare tire and if it is doubtful, get it replaced from the agency before you start your journey. Snow tires are must if you are traveling in winter and check the spare tire to be the same.
4) Car Insurance: When you rent a car it is always wise to check the car for click here insurance cover. In case some accident takes place, you will have to face heavy penalty charges if you are tempted to drive without insurance. So try to get insurance cover for rented vehicles in your own car insurance. This will save you from huge losses in case any damage occurs.
5) Inspect for Damage: The car should properly examined from inside and outside to check if all the accessories are working properly or not. The functioning of air conditioner, lights, entertainment systems etc. should be tested in advance. Thus getting full information in advance will help you worn out the hidden charges and avoid a cumbersome journey.